Officials announced on Friday that it will be opening up East Ridge Municipal Court under new guidelines in coming weeks.
According to a press release, June 2 will see the re-opening of both traffic court and criminal cases. Traffic court will begin at 3 p.m. and criminal court will follow at 5 p.m.
The following guidelines will be implemented:
- Before entrance to the courtroom each individual must answer all health-related questions and temperature reading. Everyone appearing in court will be encouraged to wear appropriate face coverings.
- Only 10 people will be allowed in the courtroom at one time. No family members or friends will be admitted, only people who are named on the docket will be allowed in the courtroom.
- Seating is in designated seats only that comply with social distancing.
- Each person entering the courtroom will be required to use hand sanitizer before entry.
- No person will be admitted to the courtroom unless there is a chair available.
- Witness/victims will be asked to wait in their cars and will be contacted via cell phone be the district attorney or court personnel as needed.
- After appearing before the judge and settling your case, you will immediately leave the courtroom. Adhere to social distancing at the court clerk’s window while conducting business.
- There will be no loitering or gathering in the atrium area after your case has been heard.