Fire damaged a house on Spriggs Street, early Tuesday evening.
According to East Ridge Fire Chief Mike Williams, firefighters were dispatched to 4221 Spriggs St. just before 8 p.m. on a reported residential fire.
When firefighters arrived, they reported smoke inside the residence. Everyone inside the structure had gotten out prior to the fire crews arrival. Firefighters located and extinguished a small fire in the attic of house. Crews checked to see if the fire may have spread and conducted an overhaul of the operation.
No injuries were reported, and the fire appears to have been started by an electrical short circuit.