Bass Pro Shop of East Ridge is kicking off the end of May with a flavor packed event geared towards helping backyard barbecue masters and grilling gurus have the best summer ever! Trisha Wells of Bass Pro says the end of May is going to be packed with fun starting with “The Go Out Doors BBQ event with BBQ samples from Gotta Be Que.”
The Go Out Doors BBQ May 20th from 10am-5pm,” Wells said. “It’s a near day-long event where our East Ridge neighbors and customers can learn about tips and tricks of making great barbecue! We will have the Gotta Be Que pros here talking to customers about BBQ techniques and handing out BBQ samples.”
Wells says that the Go Out Doors event is part of a two-week schedule of summer fun things geared towards family fun ranging from outdoor cooking in the back yard or the campsite as well as fishing.
“There are several seminars and events scheduled over the next several weeks at the East Ridge Bass Pro,” Wells said. “There are additional events that will be going on during that two-week event including short seminars for Kayaking. The first 25 customers to attend the advertised times of ‘How-To’s’ each day will receive an LED Tent light with the Bass Pro Shops logo.”
Seminars on How-To’s for Family Outdoor Fun!
- 1:30pm: Fun Backyard BBQ: Grills to Games, What You Need
- 4:30pm: Family Camping: Conquering Campfires, Cooking & Comfort
- 1:00pm: Kids & Camping: Time Outdoors and Fun Stuff to Bring
- 3:00pm: Kayaking; Basics for Family Fun!
Family Event/Kids’ Activities
- Catch & Release Pond: Saturday Noon-5pm: Sunday 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Stores should have the pond available for kids to fish.
Free Kids’ Workshop
- May 27&28 – 1 workshop only per day begins at 1:30pm each day
- Fun Photo Download : May 27&28
- Saturday Noon-5pm: Sunday 12:30pm-4:30pm
Crafts- May 27&28
- Saturday Noon-5pm, Sunday 12:30-4:30
Cooking Demos/Samples – May 27&28
Saturday & Sunday
Funnel Cake Cooking Demos/Samples 12:30pm – 4:30pm both days.
Kent Whitaker, also known as “The Deck Chef,” is a culinary writer and cookbook author. He’s also penned Young Reader and History titles. The former winner of the Emeril Live Food Network Barbecue Contest also covers football, motor-sports, and bass fishing. Kent currently lives in East Tennessee with his wife, son, and a couple of dogs that love when he fires up the smoker or grill.