The Chattanooga-Hamilton County Health Department announces that anyone who wants a flu shot can get it free while supplies last. Several hundred doses were ordered for their recent drive-through flu shot clinic held last week. Despite the success of that event, hundreds of doses still remain and will be offered free while the special supply lasts. No appointment is necessary but anyone with questions can call (423) 209-8340.
The flu shot remains the best way to protect yourself from four different influenza viruses. Other preventive measures include frequent handwashing, stay at home if you are sick, take anti-virals as prescribed, cover your cough or sneeze, avoid sick people if possible.
Health Department clinic locations:
- Chattanooga, 921 East 3rd Street, Chattanooga TN, 37403, 423-209-8340
- Birchwood, 5625 Hwy 60, Birchwood TN, 37308, 423-961-0446
- Ooltewah, 5520 High St, Ooltewah TN, 37363, 423-238-4269
- Sequoyah/Soddy-Daisy, 9527 West Ridge Trail Rd, Soddy Daisy TN, 37379, 423-842-3031
- Homeless Health Care Center, 730 East 11th St, Chattanooga TN 37403, 423- 265-5708
Learn more about influenza and track local statistics on the Health Department’s Seasonal Influenza web page