The Hamilton County Health Department is notifying the community of a potential COVID-19 exposure that occurred at Citico Mini-Mart, 1320 Citico Ave, between Monday, July 20, and Friday, July 31.
The Health Department is notifying the public of an additional potential COVID-19 exposure that occurred at the following Chattanooga Mobile Market stops on Tuesday, July 28, and Wednesday, July 29:
Tuesday, July 28
- Emma Wheeler Homes: 10 am-12 pm
- Cempa Community Care (Medical Towers): 1 pm-3 pm
- Dogwood Manor: 3:30 pm-5:30 pm
Wednesday, July 29
- Mary Walker Towers: 10 am-12 pm
- Silvertree Seniors Chattanooga: 1 pm-3 pm
- Boynton Terrace Apartments: 3:30 pm-5:30 pm
Case investigations revealed that members of the public who visited or shopped at the Citico Mini-Mart or the Chattanooga Mobile Market stops during these time frames may have been exposed to individuals during their infectious period of COVID-19. It is recommended that anyone who visited these locations during that time frame be tested as soon as possible.
“If you think you were exposed to the virus, please stay home, away from others and monitor your symptoms,” said Health Department Administrator Becky Barnes, “Free testing is available in our community and we encourage anyone who has been in close contact with a positive case, or is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to get tested.”
Free Health Department COVID-19 testing is available at the following locations and times:
- Sunday, August 2, at Orchard Knob Missionary Baptist Church, 1734 E 3rd St, Chattanooga, TN 37404, from 12 PM-3 PM.
- Beginning Monday, August 3 the Health Department’s new testing site at the Alstom Plant, 1119 Riverfront Parkway, Chattanooga, TN 37402 will be open daily from 7 AM-11 AM.
Both sites are open to the public without an appointment or referral, and no symptoms are necessary. Walk-up or drive-through options are available.
Call (423) 315-3994 for free transportation. Reservations for a ride can be made Monday-Friday 8 AM-6 PM, Saturday and Sunday 10 AM-2 PM. Rides to the testing sites must be scheduled the previous day.
For more information, please call the Health Department’s COVID-19 hotline at (423) 209-8383. The hotline is open
Monday-Friday 8 AM-4 PM and Saturday 10 AM-3 PM. Do not call the YMCA, Chattanooga Mobile Market, or Citico Mini-Mart for information related to COVID-19 exposures.