According to our friends at NewsChannel 9, an elderly man suffered severe burns apparently from an accident while grilling.
The fire happened Tuesday afternoon on South Seminole Drive.
East Ridge Fire Chief Mike Williams told channel 9 that a man was grilling on his back porch when the fire happened. Chief Williams said that a gas can was found near the grill.
“We are looking to see if the gas can was too close or if the occupant was using the gas as an igniter to start the fire so we are still investigating that,” Chief Williams told the NewsChannel 9 crew on the scene.
Officials said there was minimal damage to the home.