For Phases 1a1, 1a2, 1b, 1c & Adults 65+
The Hamilton County Health Department has added a total of 4,465 new first dose Pfizer appointments to the schedule.
New First Dose Appointments:
- March 16 and 17 at Enterprise South Nature Park
- March 17 at Tennessee Riverpark
- March 17 at CARTA Bus Barn
People in the eligible phases are encouraged to visit vaccine.hamiltontn.gov and make their appointment online. Those who do not have access to the internet can call the appointment call center for assistance:
- First dose appointments: 423-209-5398
- Second dose appointments: 423-209-5399
A Spanish vaccine webpage and Spanish appointment call center are available for residents who speak Spanish.
- Spanish appointment line: 423-209-5384
- Spanish vaccine webpage: hamiltontn.org/enus/allservices/coronavirus(covid19)/vaccine/vacunacióncontracovid19.aspx
All three call center lines are open Monday-Friday from 8 AM-4 PM. Due to high call volume, callers may experience a busy signal and need to hang up and call back.
General COVID-19 questions may be directed to the Health Department’s hotline at 423-209-8383. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8 AM-4 PM and Saturday 10 AM-3 PM. Bilingual representatives are available.
COVID-19 vaccine appointments are for people who live or work in Hamilton County and meet current eligibility according to the Tennessee Department of Health’s Vaccination Plan. For a full list of eligible phases, visit vaccine.hamiltontn.gov and click on the “Current Phases/Eligibility” tab. To see the list in Spanish, visit the Spanish website and scroll to the bottom.
A list of documents an individual may bring to the vaccination site to demonstrate Hamilton County residency or Hamilton County work status are available on the Health Department’s FAQ page in English and on the Spanish Vaccine page in Spanish. No documentation is required to demonstrate Phase 1C status. Minors (16 and 17 year olds) must have a parent/guardian with them to give medical history and consent at the time of vaccination.
Important Information to Know Prior to Appointment
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Wear appropriate clothing to get a shot in upper arm
- Bring proof of Hamilton County residency (if applicable)
- Bring proof of Hamilton County employment (if applicable)
- Bring proof of age (if applicable)
- Print and complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Encounter form for both1st and 2nd dose appointments. Click here to download the form:https://bit.ly/3caxvL3. Forms are available on-site, but bringing a completed form to the vaccination site will accelerate the process.
- Be prepared to wait 20 minutes after shot
- Be prepared for the entire process to take an hour or more
Vaccination Record Card
When patients receive their first dose with the Health Department, they will receive a Vaccination Record Card with the following important information.
- The vaccine manufacturer (either Moderna or Pfizer)
- The date the first dose of vaccine was given
- The date the second vaccine dose is due. This date is not an appointment. Patient must schedule a second dose appointment.
Stay up-to-date on new vaccine appointment information. Follow the health department via their email newsletter and social media accounts, available at this link: hamiltontn.org/AllServices/Coronavirus(COVID-19)/ConnectWithUs.aspx.
- Transportation is available to the vaccination site. Call 423-209-8383 to schedule a ride.
- Visit the Health Department’s new vaccine FAQ page, updated regularly: hamiltontn.org/en-us/allservices/coronavirus(covid-19)/frequentlyaskedquestions(faq).aspx
- The Health Department’s COVID-19 hotline is available to answer your COVID-19 questions at 423-209-8383. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8 AM-4 PM and Saturday 10 AM-3 PM.